Monday, December 21, 2009

Dear Steve Jobs......

If you're reading this (ha ha ha) as I type on my other new Christmas present that you so thoughtfully invented and designed, I would like to make another recommendation for your Christmas 2010 line up.

I need you to get with the Groshong port folks and come up with a similar thing that will plug into the brain so I (we, all the people of the world) can dump our thoughts into our Mac devices and then be able to sort through, arrange (with our fingertips, no less) all the jumble that is there.

So that we can say what we need to say, cause honey, I've got a LOT to say!

So that we can get the music out of our heads and into the light and hearts of the world.

So that we can see the "trash" that clutters our minds and send it to the trashcan in the corner of the screen.....just with the flick of a finger.

Steve, are you listening?????? Time's a wastin'


So for the health update of the day.....

Today is the day they have to test for a type of chemo to see if I can tolerate it. It involves having to have a crash cart outside the door, in case I don't. Hmmmm, would this scare you?

I mentioned my sort of "fear" of this to Dr. Dubay who just sort of waved it off and said..."won't be a problem." I'm trusting you, Dr. Dubay.

Otherwise, things are just clicking along. Had more of a quiet reflective morning, which was nice and very zen like. I don't think I moved in my bed very much because the covers were so straight.

After the blood draw fiasco, day three, involving THREE nurses this morning (actually, not a fiasco, just an annoyance), I decided to pick up where I had left off reading My Life in France by Julia Child. (GREAT book, highly recommend! If you've NOT seen Julie/Julia, I even recommend reading this before you do. If you HAVE seen it, you will enjoy it even more!)

My night nurse came in and asked about it and we started talking about books. She loves to read so we had a fun few minutes talking about what we liked. And then it hit me. SHE needed to be introduced to Diana Gabaldon's fabulous Outlander series, a bewitching combination of a time traveling nurse, historical fiction, hot romance, and men in kilts. PEOPLE, what more can you ask for in a book???? And there are, like, SEVEN in the series.









5 comments:

  1. Ah yes-the "Outlander Series". By far my FAVORITE books I have ever read.

    Thank you Meme for leaving random books lying around your house. I will never forget the day I picked "Outlander" up and took it home to read. After 2 days I was SCOWERING the internet looking for the next book in the series. I cried to myself, "There must be another book! I HAVE to know what happens NEXT!!!!!" After 4 years and countless re-reads of the series, I can safely say that EVERYONE needs to read these books. You will laugh out loud, cry out loud, and curse out loud.

    Mom, after we found out about the "C"-I can rest assure that there has never been a more appropriate time to utter Claire's now infamous line... "Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ"

    And if Jamie were to walk into your room right know I can guarantee that his first three words to you would be “Dinna be afraid…”

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooOOoooo Yes!! Diana's books are a must read!!! i think i've only read the first three...
    note to self... 'finish reading that series!'

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, men in kilts, it's a must-have!
    Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! A time traveling nurse huh?!.I'm still trying to figure out the dirt above. I've always wanted a compost pile, not that I can grow anything in the lime soil here in Texas and I don't know about sowing seeds right now either but I am going to print this! Thanks!
    I am waiting to hear how your day went. How many types do they have to try? Don't blame you AT ALL for feeling that way. I would too. Please let us know how you are doing.
    You are in my Prayers and I am praying they try the one you tolerate the best FIRST!
    LOVE TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura Katherine McAllister is most definitely your child!!

    ReplyDelete

To leave a comment, just click at the bottom of the post where it says "0 Comments" or whatever number of comments that have been left! Use the envelope symbol to mail a post to a friend, if you think it is worth sharing! Thanks!