Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welllllll..........

The best laid plans of becoming a more regular blogger have be blindsided by technological difficulties...aka the service has been spotty at home, plus a diversion on the health side of things.

Thursday, with all good intentions of returning the wig, taking less than 15 minutes in the cancer center, and then perhaps enjoying the first REAL day of somewhat warmer weather, turned into one of those truly unpredictable days.

I knew I'd been feeling a little breathless on Wednesday, but as we got ready to go to CC at around 11, I totally had no energy....like Jonathan had to put my arms around his neck and lift me, like a dead weight, onto the walker and push me through the jungle known as our garage to get me in the car.

He was moments before calling an ambulance. I begged him not to.

We finally made it to the CC and found out, why yes, Penny, your hemoglobin levels are LOW.

You need two units of blood, thank you very much, along with some platelets.

So we waited. We always know it is a waiting game with the blood. We waited some more. And, we waited.

There had been a trauma in the ER....I could only get one unit of blood and the platelets on Thursday.

Did you know it takes about two hours for blood to go in? When you're in the hospital, it doesn't matter what time they start it. 8:00 p.m. can be just fine because, I mean, where are you going to go anyway?

Starting blood at the CC in the late afternoon means you are last to leave. Like, at 7:00 p.m. Like, after you've been there since 11:00 a.m.

Thank heavens for Kindles and laptops.

Then we were back on Friday at 7:30 for the second unit of blood. Ahhhh, the fun just never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment, just click at the bottom of the post where it says "0 Comments" or whatever number of comments that have been left! Use the envelope symbol to mail a post to a friend, if you think it is worth sharing! Thanks!